Sunday 27 November 2016

Climb every Mountain

 Early doors saw yours truly finding a different route up the North Face of the Bonsai  Mountain
 and naturally I had a few Berners to help me as pathfinders.
 We didn't make to the top this way but it was fun trying.
 I also found one of my shoes, thanks K-9s!
 Talking of not making it, Longtown Mountain Rescue were in town which gave the boys a chance to see in the Land Rover and gave me a chance to chat about the time I had to call them out to a fat friend who gave up and sat down to die. In the farce that followed he ended up being carried off the mountain by the team, including this bloke who says that the rescue is one of 6 legendary ones they always talk about. We chucked some money in the bucket and promised to attend the BBMC 17.
 When the kiddies were tucked up in bed yours truly took off to see The Darkside, a Pink Floyd tribute act playing at the local flea pit.
 It was far better than I hoped for, some vocals were a bit dodgy
 with the exception of hers, she did a brilliant job doing the wailing song from Darkside of the Moon.
A bit more cash and they could give Aussie Floyd a run for their money.

No comments: