Saturday 21 February 2015

Against the odds

 The scraps of snow hanging around were rewarded early doors by a fresh dusting. The Bonsai Mountain was spared a visit from the Dolyhir Clan and yours truly as my Achilles tendon is playing up big time thanks to all the hill training. So as yours truly was going to be put back together again by our very friendly Osteopath, I decided to set her a real challenge by hurting as much of me as possible before I went by clearing the runway.
 Two hours of intense spade and barrow work left a blank concrete canvas ready for more artistic attention from the equines. Without their bottom sculptures what would I do with a Saturday morning! Suitably aching from moving several tons of horse doing I went to be Agnesed who in less than an hour managed to repair my Achilles, mid back, arms, neck and a rib that had the temerity to try and cause some bother once the previous body parts had been sorted.
 Back at the ranch a quiet afternoon was had (if it can ever be quiet with 15 dogs and two toddlers demanding attention) Against all odds the new floor looks like it should do ie. without pawprints and next on the list if the top coat, or tiles. This is next weeks job and Steve the tiler is going to do it as the task is beyond yours trulys ability by several miles.
I rescued my bikes from Red Kite HQ where my office looked like a bike park rather than the hub of a thriving private sector care business. Tomorrow Red Kite Riders meet up for the first time in ages so access to serviceable bike is essential.

1 comment:

Andy in Germany said...

I love that mug: That sums up how I feel about riding...