Thursday 3 September 2020

I can't believe its not Bhuddha

The work on the garden makeover continues, the olive tree which has survived against all odds has been given a new a permanent home in a custom built planter on the corner of the new seating area at the end of the kennel block. Here you can see Spotty2 plotting to dig it all up once he is out of confinement. 
The dogs have to be shut away at times, particularly when there are messy jobs that they like to help with like painting(apparently I'm not allowed to shut the boys in the kennel too). This is a planter, made by my brother in law out of a pallet, painted up and in the process of planting with succulents and ivy.
Once dry it was hung on the end of the aviary as a "feature" which is code for "high maintenance".
This happy chap is getting a right makeover, a concrete figure we have had forever. During the process of changing him from grotty grey to shiny gold the startling revelation that he is not what we thought, a religious icon, but a laughing monk. Even now I still can't believe it's not Buddha. I know. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. 
 

No comments: