Saturday 18 March 2023

Root of all evil

Today was the day that my tooth that has been the cause of so much pain for the last 6 months was removed. It took 5 injections and 4 minutes of strained effort by the dentist before the rogue molar finally yielded. The dentist then gave me some pretty strict instructions to ensure the bleeding stopped. He handed me a bleed pack and explained that yours truly had to rest, no strenuous activity to raise the blood pressure, no exercise or the clot (not me) would pop out and blood would flow. No strenuous activity then.. OK doc. By the time I got back to the car the clot (not me) had already given up and i dutifully bit onto the blood pack for 20 minutes.
Back home, the hay delivery arrived and needed unloading and stacking in the yet to be made weather proof bale store. We find that the set number of bales fits nicely but the job of moving them from the trailer to store obviously counts as strenuous activity as another blood pack was needed.
Then when it looked like the clot (not me!) would stem the flow unaided the ominous sound of a lorry reversing alerted both the clot and me that 
more strenuous activity was needed, even with a crane to help the clot thought sod this and left. 
 After feeding the critters it was finally persuaded to return and we both sat down to watcg TV and feel sorry for ourselves. 

No comments: