Tuesday 14 March 2023

Right turn

Make no mistake yours truly likes to walk, long distances which is just as well given the number of K9s needing exercise on a daily basis. Here we have the river in full flow when this time last week it was a mere trickle, lots of wet stuff falling.
So walking, with a purpose or for fun, ideal
but up there in the gathering clouds full of rain is Will.I.Am
who legged it a while back and steadfastly refuses to wander back of his own accord. Now that is fine by me, but MBAOSPW has sudden worries that he may have finally been turned into pies
which is why in the early evening yours truly was trudging across the wilderness looking for a very naughty pony. 
Now, given the rain and the wind direction any sensible beast unable to be indoors would seek shelter which is why when I got to the top of the track I turned left, not right, as left led to the sheltered side, and sure enough the other side of the mountain near the base was a group of sensible horses. No Will.I.Am though. Faced with the unenviable task of returning to HQ with no news of pony yours truly trudged onwards, this time into the wind. A new discovery made
a memorial, never seen before. 
Now I am at the point the beast was last seen, where the militia feed their sheep, free buffet in other words, but no Will.I.Am. However, in the far distance...
there was a distinct horse shape
and on super close up its him.
After 3.2 miles walking around and over the mountain the beast is located 
and we are very happy to see each other. 
The skyline, 200 yards away, thats where the track from HQ meets the ridge, had I turned right I could have saved myself some considerable effort.
Hes looking fat and happy, so mission success, he can stay a while longer. Until I return with a bucket of allure. 
 

No comments: