Sunday 25 July 2021

Thank your lucky star


 Rock HQ made friends with a fellow cyclist eons ago (ok 2012 ish) and since then have followed with interest the parallel universe of a fellow cyclist in Germany. Andy, for that is his name, is a genuine eco warrior forsaking all things easy and in all weathers and conditions uses his bike (and its a tank compared to other slimline racing steeds like wot I got) to ferry himself and his life around. He is, and I use this term advisedly, an inspiration. 

So.

When a greater part of Germany was recently ruined by the combined efforts of the rest of us not following Andy's example and so directly contributing to climate change, it was a huge relief to hear from the eco warrior that he and his lovely family were safe. 

The picture is a lucky star he made me out of recycled panzer chains a while back and thus far it has brought me good fortune. I did think about sending it back to help him but A) I like it too much and B) he would probably tell me off for adding to the carbon footprint :)

Cheers Andy, keep spinning those pedals mate and mind the puddles 

No comments: