Tuesday 8 March 2022

The new normal

I am one of those who agrees with the science and know that our exploits on this blue green planet have had an impact on the weather. The new normal is weeks without rain then lots, more than you could ever want in a day, for many days, then the pattern begins again. 
Which was why on the one hand I was glad the rain was filling the water tubs emptied by thirsty critters,
on the other I was a bit concerned that this car journey might be Moby's last given the depth of water.
Depth and quantity, it seemed every diversion ended in a river that should not be there.
The reason for my journey was to collect these two poseurs who had been having a great time staying with super grandma.
Eventually I found a longer dry route and 
made it back to the ranch in time for tea and medals. 
I'm sure they were pleased to see me 
and at one point they were quite excited about the prospect of not getting home and having to spend a night in a bed and breakfast!
 

No comments: