Sunday 30 September 2012

And finally!

 A lots happened in three years, but that's how long this tree trunk has been sitting in the yard waiting for the chop. Several times its been attempted, one memorable occasion ended after I threw the axe at my beautiful and oh so patient wife hitting her in the chest (complete accident and only funny because neither of us was injured, she thanks to heavy padded jacket, me thanks to survival instinct and ability to run) and so the lumber lump had lurked menacingly around the yard, scarred from the conflict, confident it would never reach the top of the jobs list. Until today.
 Naturally I had an audience, who slept through the moment of triumph.
 Once blocked the next task was to chop it into fire sized pieces. Curiously the axe with air borne tendencies was no where to be seen (neither was the patient one) so I had to resort to my small chopper (please) which in my expert hands (leave it!) finished the job with a few hard strokes.
Job done.

No comments: