Wednesday 12 May 2021

Ramadan challenge


 For reasons best known to yours truly I took on Ramadan this year, meaning no food or drink sunrise to sunset. Easy.

No its not. It was horrible and I managed 26 days before capitulating. Now, reasons for it being so hard were many, the thought of simple have a big breakfast and huge dinner failed to work, I didn't feel like eating early on and at sunset just felt ill. Benefits, lost weight, found I can manage to work/train/parent/cook while starving hungry, appreciated the fact I can choose to go hungry not because I have no option, but it was horrible and I failed to complete the challenge. But the good news is I'm still invited to my friends Eid celebration tomorrow and I did save enough money to feed a Bangladeshi family for a month. Maybe I'll do it next year, or perhaps just bang my head into the wall. 

No comments: