Thursday 27 May 2021

Ooops I did it again ...

In an effort to get the attention away from my own clumsiness (read stupidity) here is a picture of Mrs Bear. 
This on the other hand (geddit?) is what my left one looks like after an intense first aid session given by the apprentice which hides some very nasty cuts. Self inflicted obviously and not as you might assume the result of absent minded using something sharp. No. This injury was as a result of gravity. And stupidity. Lots of that.
So at the back of the house we have a cliff. There it sits, mocking me. Times past before space age left arm which thinking about it is also as a result of a gravitational injury yours truly has climbed said cliff and mocked mere mortals below. For some inexplicable reason all day yesterday I was compelled to climb said cliff and in an amazing lack of foresight set off up it at approximately 4pm and by 4.00.10 had fallen a fair way and could be found on a ledge contemplating the possible outcomes of this mini adventure. Now having once been a proficient climber, indeed having instructed it, it was a bit of a literal and metaphorical crash to earth being defeated by our cliff. I was doing well right up until a huge upside down hand hold which I used to lever myself up to the next foothold and the next thing i knew there was a blur of rock, falling dirt and vegetation and (thankfully) and abrupt stop on a ledge some 20 feet from the sudden impact below. There being no real way out of the situation and with left hand bleeding nicely yours truly relented to the ignominy of the apprentice running to fetch MBAOSPW (who had a rapid sense of humour failure, what were you thinking, well not about falling obviously my sweet) who in turn fetched a large extending ladder to assist my safe descent. I obviously sulked for the rest of the evening and took solace in gardening which is much safer. This is a bed of seedlings. Some of which may be flowers. Time will tell. 
 

No comments: