Friday 27 August 2021

Necessity the mother of invention

Work ground to a halt on the games room due to an inability to lift up the plaster boards and screw them to the ceiling. A combination of gravity, weight and lack of hands meant it was never going to happen. 
As this needed doing and lacking help yours truly turned to the tinternet to see how professionals did it. 
Well they use a special lifty thing that grips the board lifts it up rotates to any position and even angles the right way. So as I was not a professional and definitely a hoarder I soon found a substitute board lift. Say soon and avoid talking about failed attempts with bales of hay and two long benches. Anyway this acroprop salvaged when I was given a home gym (don't ask) lay in wait just asking to be used. 

 With a quick bodge it held the boards up and in place rotated to the right angle. Sometimes I impress myself. 

No comments: