Sunday 21 June 2009

The longest day


Alls quiet at Rock HQ. Juliet has been cut from the brambles that had trapped her. Apollo has had a temper tantrum on the garden furniture which means we need a new table. The Berners have been chewing the new rug I bought today to emphasis my new man credential, I can buy accessories for the house and I cook quiche. Mad Keith has been fed, all the critters have been checked, fed and watered. All is well.

I have spent the day at the Three Counties Show. This meant an early start and late finish but I was helped by the team I work with, we packed up in a record time and got away before the rush. Hopefully we will have recruited at least one foster carer from this exercise.

Its Fathers day, I was lucky enough to phone my Dad and thank him, and Mum, for all they have done for me. I once again demonstrated a woeful lack of organisational skills by not getting his card in the post on time, once again he was very understanding about it.

So its been a long day, it being the longest day of the year, its fitting, as well as Fathers Day, the day Tracey's father died. 20 minutes ago.

Gone. Never forgotten.

RIP.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: